Children aged one to five are notorious for putting things in their mouth. It’s part of their learning process and parents spend a lot of time and effort trying to safety-proof their homes.
There’s some good advice online about how to care for a child that is choking, but there are are other hidden dangers, especially from small button batteries.
It is fairly common for flat, round batteries that power toys, hearing aids, calculators, and many other devices to be swallowed.
Swallowing these batteries has severe consequences, including burns that permanently damage the oesophagus, tears in the digestive tract, and in some cases, even death.
Continue reading One less trip to Accident and Emergency (Day 185)
You must be logged in to post a comment.