Today’s blog is going to be a little different from my previous posts.
Sometimes, when it comes to describing a profession such as chemical engineering, less is more. When my blogging elves pointed me in the direction of memes, I was pleasantly surprised by their ability to capture the engineers’ sense of humour in a single image.
For those of you who don’t know what a meme is, it is an idea, concept or catchphrase that spreads from person to person usually via the Internet. They can often take the form of an image (as featured in today’s blog), video, vines, or even #hashtags.
So after a little more digging and research, we put together a list of some of the funniest engineering related memes. This might brighten up your Friday morning.
And without further ado, here are the top ten:
1. Engineers and their trusty Casio calculators
2. The optimist, the pessimist and the engineer
3. Perception vs reality
4. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt
5. Being a chemical engineer is like being in Fight Club…apparently
6. For all those final year chemical engineering students
7. Keep calm and carry on… Chemical Engineering!
8. I do enjoy a good wind turbine
9. Science vs Engineering
10. And given that the Internet appears to be entirely dominated by cats, here’s the inevitable furry feline to finish off today’s top ten:
I trust you have enjoyed this blog entry, which has been rather more light hearted than usual. Who says chemical engineers don’t have a sense of humour?
And don’t forget to share it with your friends. The elves tell me that’s what memes are all about.